ASPIRE is a study for youth ages 14 – 16 who receive SSI (Supplemental Security Income). When you enroll, you and your family will get information to further education and employment. Half of the youth and families who enroll will be given added services and supports. The ASPIRE team will assist youth and families to find and use services in their communities. The purpose of the ASPIRE study is to compare the services and supports to find what works best for youth and families.
ASPIRE is a six state project, including Utah. ASPIRE Utah is a project of the Utah State Office of Rehabilitation. 250 Utah youth will be recruited and enrolled. 125 will participate in Usual Services. 125 will participate in ASPIRE Services. The purpose of the ASPIRE study is to compare the services and supports to find what works best for youth and families.
What are Usual Services?
- Learn about supports in your community
- Explore resources to reach your goals
- Find out more about college and adult life
- Access services to find a job and more
What are ASPIRE Services?
- Help to navigate school options
- Information to improve education and career choices
- Paid work experience
- Understanding Social Security, Medicaid and more
- Money management coaching with the family
- Parent support and training
Learn the services and supports in your community and state. Moving from school to adult living can be complex and confusing. Find the resources to meet your transition needs.